Let’s face it. As much as you want to drink rosé all day, there are still some other amazing cocktails out there. I’m not saying to neglect the pink, but here are some “appetizers” if you will before you hit the wine bottle.
- Extra Fancy (Williamsburg)– Frozemonade. I told you I wouldn’t steer you too fare from rosé. At this fun and no frills Brooklyn spot you can get a frozen rosé lemonade combo. No, I’m not lying.
- The Standard Grill (West Village)- Penny Drop. A fancier name for a Moscow Mule with vodka, housemade ginger cordial, lime juice, ginger beer.
- Happiest Hour (West Village) – The palm tree and vibrant vibe will make you forget you are inside. Pretend you are in Mexico with the spicy Belle of the Ball- red pepper, lemon, habañero shrub, mezcal.
- Union Pool (Brooklyn) – Outdoor backyard, live music, frozen tequila lemonades, a taco truck? Done.
- Goodnight Sonny (East Village)- Sick of going so far east to get to They Wayland? Well, you can go to a similar and larger bar opened by some of their team members on second avenue. The Lavender of Love cocktail with vodka, lemon juice, basil, and sea salt will keep you thirsty all night. Grab so oysters to wash it down as well, and there you have a perfect night.
- Alta Linea (Chelsea)– When your out of town friends insist you go to the Highline, you insist Frozen Negroni’s at Alta Linea after.
- Middle Branch (Murray Hill)– Need a spot close to midtown, but want to get out of there? Sister of Little Branch isn’t too far south from your office. Try the Vaya con Sofia which is tequila and cucumber or Kips Punch which is gin, chartreuse, cynar, pineapple, and soda.
- Saxon + Parole (Bowery) – You might think celery sounds too healthy for a cocktail, but the crispness and refreshing vegetable will throw you for a whirl. The Celery Gimlet is composed of gin, green chartreuse, st. germain, fresh celery juice, lime, citrus, salt, verjus.
- Dream Downtown Beach (Meatpacking) – If you are lucky enough to get to a pool in the city (or if you want to pay $60 for a day pass), treat yourself with the frozen Kelvin Slushie line which includes a Moscow Mule with Absolute Elyx, Citrus Slush, Ginger Beer or Slushy Bubbles with Chandon float and Citrush Slush. (photo courtesy of Dream)