It’s no secret that I love sandwiches – especially smoked turkey. If you put it on fantastic, homemade bread then I’m sold. However, I’m not about finding the most obnoxious New York deli sandwich that I can barely squeeze into my mouth like at Carnegie Deli or Katz’s; I just like some tender, juicy turkey straight-up plain on bread or with something extra fancy. If they throw in some avocado delight, then fine I’ll take it. Don’t forget, random corner stores and bodega’s can make a mean sandy as well. As long as they can toast some bread and slap on some Smoked Boar’s Head, I’m game.
Here are some of my favorite turkey sandwiches in New York… Get. After. It.
- The Dutch: House-Smoked Turkey Sandwich, Avocado, Green Sauce (only available at lunch and brunch)
- The Grey Dog: Roasted Turkey, Brie, Plum Tomato, Raspberry Mustard on Cranberry Walnut Bread (1st pic)
- Parm: House-Roasted Turkey, Spicy Sauce, Red Onion, Lettuce, Mayo, Tomato (2nd pic)
- Mile End Deli: Smoked Turkey, Rillettes, Mustard, Rye
- Hampton Chutney Co.: Smoked Turkey, Brie, Cucumber, Honey Mustard (3rd pic)
- Peels Gobblecado: Smoked Turkey, Avocado, Chili Mayo, Cotija Cheese (4th pic)
- Murray’s Cheese Melt: Turkey, Cheese, Basil, Tomato (custom order sandwiches)
Also, feel free to let me know if there are any others I need to check out in the comments section below! Serious Eats just published a fantastic list after Thanksgiving here.