It’s no secret that chocolate chip cookies mean the world to me. Most girls love a fancy bouquet of flowers, but if you want to reach to the top of my list, give me the best cookie in the world and I’m yours. My dear friend and one of my favorite bakers, Loren Brill of Sweet Loren’s, an all-natural, ready-to-bake cookie dough company that is 100% whole grain and dairy free, has graciously shared one of my favorite recipes that is not on sale to the public. Here is an Oatmeal Coconut Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe you can make on your own, or you can buy her dough at Whole Foods in the Tri-State area or online.
– 1/2 cup + 4 tab. coconut oil, melted
– 1 1/2 cup unrefined sugar (evaporated cane, coconut palm, sucanat, etc.)
– 1 tab. molasses
– 1/2 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
– 1 cup rolled oats
– 1 cup oat flour
– 1 cup whole wheat flour
– 2 eggs
– 1 tsp. vanilla extract
– 1/2 tsp. baking soda
– heaping 1/4 tsp. fine sea salt
– 1 1/2 cups chocolate chunks
1) Preheat oven to 350F.
2) With a standing mixer, mix melted oil with sugar and molasses for 5 minutes on medium-high speed.
3) Add in eggs, baking soda, salt and mix on medium for 3 minutes.
4) Add all flours and shredded coconut, and mix on medium until incorporated, about 2 minutes.
5) Scrape down sides of bowl, and then mix in chocolate chunks on low for 30 sec.
6) Place onto greased pan in heaping teaspoons, bake until golden brown on edges, about 10-14 minutes. Enjoy!
BE SWEET TO YOURSELF – LOVE SWEET LOREN’S