It’s no secret and sure as heck no understatement that my summer diet consists of mainly ice cream and Summer in a Bottle aka rosé. Therefore, I’m sharing my Icing Stuffed Ice Cream Pie recipe. Because a soft serve chocolate and vanilla swirl is truly the best frozen treat combination, I bought Chocolate Chocolate Chip and plain old Vanilla to mix into one creation. I combined the best of every sundae and birthday cake nostalgia into one: ice cream, crushed oreos, thick rainbow sprinkles, and two kinds of icing layers! Yup, frozen icing is insane. See the recipe below!
How to Make Icing Stuffed Ice Cream Pie:
1 14 oz. Vanilla Häagen-Dazs Pint (or flavor of choice)
1 14 oz. Chocolate Chocolate Chip Häagen-Dazs Pint (or other flavor of choice)
1 large bag of Mini Oreos
1 jar of colored sprinkles
- Let the ice cream pints sit out for a few minutes to soften. Meanwhile, crush the mini oreos either in the bag or with the back of a spoon or bottom of a jar.
- Next, carefully scoop out the Vanilla Häagen-Dazs pint into the bottom of the Graham Cracker Pie Crust. Be careful when spreading it around as not to break the base of the crust too much.
- Next, using a spatula, cover the vanilla ice cream with a layer of Rainbow Chip Icing.
- Next, scoop out the Chocolate Häagen-Dazs pint onto the vanilla layers. It’s ok if it starts melting as it will just refreeze in the freezer. Just make sure not to overload the pan as you have more toppings coming. Tip: if a whole pint is too much, use less to start out with as you can always add more layers.
- Open the chocolate icing and add a layer over the chocolate ice cream. This is pretty rich, so you won’t need to use as much as the rainbow chip icing.
- For the pie toppings, sprinkle the crushed up oreo mixture on the edges of the of the pie. Lastly, fill in the center with the colored sprinkles.
- Place in freezer for an hour so all ingredients can freeze and mix together.
- Take out and serve!